Saturday, January 26, 2008

My New Friend

I have a new friend who has come to visit me in Denver. His name is Stanley and he arrived in my mailbox. Stanley is very unusual because as you can see, he is flat. Stanley has been staying with my niece Paige, and she sent him to me in the mail.


Stanley was excited to get out of his envelope. It was a nice sunny day, so I took him to the park.


We played basketball.



Stanley slipped down the slide and played with the puzzle.





He climbed up the ropes . . .


And almost fell off! But he caught himself just in time.



On our way back home we saw a squirrel in a tree. Stanley was very excited to see a squirrel!

Stanley will have lots of fun while he is on his vacation, but he already misses Paige.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paige was so excited and laughing hysterically while reading your adventures with Flat Stanley.

Paige wants to tell you that "We had a fun time with Flat Stanley and he discovered the Christmas tree all night and ate Lunchables®"

Thanks so much! Paige will remember this for a very long time.

Brandon & Paige

Loralee Choate said...

I loved my son's "Flat Stanley" segment in school. It was hilarious.
You are a rockin' aunt, Holly!

photoholly said...

This is just so cool!!! Too bad Flat Stanley couldn't come and visit us here in Canada!!! I'm sure Paige would love that! My sister's middle name is Paige so I just love that name! So glad I found your blog.