Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Goodbye

Mom_with_car



My grandma, Thelma Murdock, passed away about 12 hours ago. She was the perfect grandma. Her cooking was amazing. She always had a jar full of cookies and a purse full of Necco wafers. Thanksgiving and Christmas were events to remember. She crocheted beautiful afghans and made me a little kewpie doll in a pink dress when my mom gave birth to brother number three. I got my curly hair from her.

This is the first grandparent that I've lost, and while she is finally at peace it's a difficult time for the rest of us. It's comforting to know that she is with her parents and siblings and others she loved so much. The funeral will be on Saturday and I have family flying in from out of state. It will be good to be together, especially now.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I'm so sorry Holly. Losing a grandparent is a hard thing. I wish you and your family well.

Loralee Choate said...

I am very sorry for your loss, Holly. She sounds like she was amazing. My condolances for you and your family.