Sunday, October 01, 2006

My 10 Things

When I check in on three of the blogs I read regularly, and they all have the following lists, I guess that means I should do it too.

10 Things I Did This Week:
  1. Received the LEED-NC 2.2 Reference Guide and began studying for the LEED AP exam.
  2. Worked ridiculously hard on a class project and completed a mock up of the finished brochure.
  3. Began work on another class project, which will be even harder.
  4. Solved the mystery of the History of Architecture test scores.
  5. Faxed in all the paperwork to organize USU's first Campus Center of the International Interior Design Association (IIDA).
  6. Put together my Honors Thesis Committee, composed of two architects and a commercial designer.
  7. Found a bunch of design competitions, compiled a list, and passed it out to the junior and senior studios.
  8. Watched "The Lake House", the THIRD movie I've seen this year! It was about architects. Even when I try to take a break I can't!
  9. Watched General Conference.
  10. Drove to Clinton to visit my brother and his family, and to get some help on #2.
10 Things I Wanted to do This Week, But Didn't:
  1. Send out thank you notes.
  2. Get enough sleep.
  3. Relax.
  4. Clean my house.
  5. Watch just a little bit of TV to know what's going on in the world.
  6. Read.
  7. Email a few people I need to keep in touch with.
  8. Finish #2 on the first list, so I can get on to #3 on the first list without distraction.
  9. Help with a wedding.
  10. Back up my computer files.
10 Things That Made Me Smile:
  1. My six year old niece who sounds out my name and spells it H-O-L-E.
  2. My five month old nephew who just learned to roll over.
  3. My four year old nephew who is obsessed with chocolate and Star Wars.
  4. My four year old nephew (they're twins) who named his fish Murdock.
  5. Winning the IDSA weekly photo contest and getting a candy bar.
  6. International hits on my little blog.
  7. Knowing that I'm making a contribution.
  8. Fall leaves in the canyon.
  9. Fresh salmon.
  10. Getting a lot accomplished.
10 Things I WILL Accomplish Next Week:
  1. Get my studio space organized.
  2. Get IIDA records organized.
  3. Say No to something.
  4. Write all outstanding thank you notes and emails.
  5. Take one evening to relax.
  6. Get the equivalent of seven hours of sleep each night.
  7. Read something I enjoy (whether it's design realted or not).
  8. Clean my bedroom.
  9. Watch the premier of Lost (harder to do with my schedule than you might think).
  10. Save the world.

2 comments:

Navy Blue Cardigan said...

I'll be watching Lost as well! Can't wait to see what happens.

Loralee Choate said...

Hip HIP HOORAY! For LOST. Except I still think Sawyer is a gross oily-guy that needs to be loofa'd with disinfectant.

That said, I can't believe Jan and Brandon's baby is already 5 months old!
EEKS!